UPSC or IAS Exam consists of three stages Prelims, Mains and Interview. Preliminary is the first stage of the Union Public Service Commission or Civil Services Examination (CSE). Two papers are asked in UPSC Prelims namely General Studies Paper-1 and General Studies Paper- 2 or CSAT.
Before discussing about the best books let us have a look about the syllabus of CSAT or General Studies Paper 2.
– Interpersonal skills including communication skills
– Logical reasoning and analytical ability
– Decision-making and problem-solving
– General mental ability
– Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. of Class X level)
– English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).